Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day and Night


I recently completed a mixed media landscape online workshop taught by Karyn Gartel. These canvases are each 12x24". They were made with paper layering (scrapbook paper + vintage text) and acrylics.
For house numbers I used my husband's and my wedding date, 7-25-97, to add a personal touch to the paintings. I call them simply "Day" and "Night."
This was my 2nd workshop with Karyn. She's a great teacher. I am in the middle of two more workshops with her, and I am signed up for another one that I'll start as soon as I finish at least one of the ones I'm in the middle of at the moment.

3 comments:

roc said...

these are absolutely wonderful cath! you did a fabulous job!

Mandy Chilvers said...

fab work Cathy. I've not finished mine yet lol

altermyworld said...

Wonderful work, loved how you added the horizon mine seem to be empty, :)
ANg