Sunday, August 10, 2008

Big News! Art Show!

Whoo Hoo! I just received a call from Anj, the owner of a local venue called The Creating Place. Juneau is filled with art galleries, and Sept through April the local Arts + Humanities Council, in conjunction with gallery owners, puts on an event called "First Friday." The gallery owners, among a few other venues, feature local artists in their store for that month, and on the first Friday of that month, there is like a gallery walk/meet-and-greet the artists sort of thing, including press from the local newspapers, etc. All to say is Anj wants me for First Friday--Sept 5th! This will be my first show; I'm so excited!!! But I am going to be busy, busy, busy between now and then!

PS--just had to pull everything out of my online (etsy) store for the time being; I need as much as possible for the show.

PPS--and i get to keep my art there for a month!

3 comments:

Outstanding Stranger said...

How exciting Kathy you will do great..Try and take some pictures of your set up and your art..how great, don't stress your art is amazing...Diane

roc said...

what a great opportunity cath! i'm SO very proud of you!!

barefootchef said...

What a wonderful venue for you! Your art is so worthy of this!!!!