Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Postcard Art


This week I was asked to be the host for the Sunday Postcard Art challenge. My theme is "botanica."
Bontanica covers things like flowers, fruit, shells, seahorses, starfish, butterflies, dragonflies, bees, insects, birds, eggs, nests, feathers, leaves, fish….
The design element is fairly simple, and the feature image is usually placed on old music, dictionary pages, text, postcards, ledgers, blueprints, architectural renderings/sketches, etc.
Next, the piece is typically finished with things like postage stamps, postage cancellation marks, numbers, symbols, text, etc, etc.
Here's my sample:

12 comments:

roc said...

what a wonderful postcard! congratulations on being a host for sunday postcard art! you deserve to be showcased!

Mary said...

Hi Cathy, Love the postcard. Great background and the sunflowers a lovely.

Postcard art sounds fun!!

Do you send them out as postcards?

Terri Kahrs said...

Congrats on being chosen as a guest artist. This is gorgeous, Cathy! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Betty said...

Love your card cathy. Sunflowers are a fav of mine.

Lori Saul said...

This is such a beautiful postcard Cathy- thank you for the inspiration. I think this is one of my favorite themes- in fact I want to make some more botanical collages!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Thank you for a brilliant challenge Cathy, very original...really Love it!
Your postcard is wonderful in every detail!
~*~ Patty

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful postcard collage work. So delicate looking too. fab!
Hugs June x

Unknown said...

I too love your card Cathy...can anyone join in the fun???
I think I'd like to try my hand at one...
(((hugs)))
http://bevie2u2.blogspot.com

Cindy McMath said...

Hi Cathy, you did a great job presenting your theme to us - this is a lovely card!

Cindy :)

Yvonne said...

Really lovely, Cathy!

Darlene said...

Cathy - Thank you for picking such a great topic! Your postcard is fantastic - nice colors too.

Dianne Adams said...

I really enjoyed your choice of theme. Your sunflower card is beautiful.