Wednesday, December 10, 2008

(Alaska) Governor's Open House 2008



Well as many of you know, my daughter and her classmates sang yesterday at the Governor's (Sarah Palin) Open House, an annual holiday "meet-and-greet" event.
Yesterday was the 3rd year my daughter + classmates have sung at this event. Essentially, they are outside under a covered area created for them, singing for all the people standing in line to go into the Governor's Mansion.
After they finished their half hour of singing, we got into line to enter the mansion. My daughter was so excited; she wanted to get Sarah Palin's autograph and have her picture taken with the governor. I told my daughter she couldn't interrupt the flow to get an autograph, but that she could have her picture taken with the governor.
A staff member overheard our conversation, and said to give our camera to another staff member who was taking all the pictures. So first in line was my daughter, then me, then my husband, who had the camera and handed it over. Well the staff member who was taking photos didn't hear the conversation, so the photo turned out...to be my husband and Sarah Palin!
(my daughter is so disappointed tho)

3 comments:

roc said...

that's awesome cath!

Sir Pumpkin said...

Oh this is amazing - how wonderful. It's a photo to treasure. Wow - I know somebody famous now... well somone who's married to someone who know's someone famous. :)

Cathy said...

hey, i shook her hand too! i'm almost famous married to someone almost famous who shook hands with someone famous... or something like that!