A friend just sent me this via email. I don't know where it originated, but I think it's good.
Tips for A Better Life
1. Complete the following statement,
My purpose is to__________ today.
2. Take a 10 to 30-minute walk every day. And while you walk,
smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
3. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock
if you have to.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less
food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink plenty of water and fresh juices. Eat blueberries,
salad, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds, etc.
6. Make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires,
issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot
control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner
like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone, so give the
best of your kindness.
10. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
11. Take yourself seriously.
12. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what
their journey is all about. Don't compare your partner with
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
So, be happy.
16. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps
to correct it.
17. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for
others; Responsibility for all your actions.
18. Forgive everyone for everything.
19. Frame every so-called disaster with these words:
In five years, will it matter?
Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and
fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will
last a lifetime.
20. What other people think of you is none of your business.
21. Read more books and watch less TV than you did last year.
22. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current
situation; don't bring up the past.
23. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
24. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
25. Do the right thing!
26. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a
stroke of luck.
27. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your
family and friends will. Stay in touch.
28. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
29. Keep believing that the best is yet to come.
30. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
31. Each day give something good to others.
32. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
33. Sleep for 7 hours every day or whatever your body needs.
34. Don't trust someone who doesn't close their eyes when you
35. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love
for each other is greater than your need for each other.
36. Each night before you go to bed complete the following
I am thankful for__________
Today I accomplished_________
37. Realize that as you get older, you are not approaching death,
38. Trust in God, but lock your car.
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.